Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Bookish Post…Sort Of

Considering the book that I’m about to talk about, it’s kind of insulting to book bloggers to call this a “bookish” post. Since I have absolutely no time to read these days, this is the best I can do.

I recently started reading Tucker Max’s book, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell41778618The title caught our eye when we were checking out and the Mister and I figured we’d read it together. It’s basically a compilation of Tucker Max’s nefarious stories about drinking and debauchery while he was in grad school and interning. That’s really putting it in very nice terms. What it really is, is an insult to every woman, near and far, on the face of the Earth. Also what it is, is freaking hilarious. I’m ashamed to admit it, but the first story I read in the book, I read on the way home from the bookstore (the Mister was driving) and I about peed myself laughing. I suppose I have somewhat of a sick and twisted sense of humor. I certainly don’t take my womanhood very seriously, lmao.

You can read Tucker’s stories on his website at www.tuckermax.com and his book is also coming out soon as a movie. The movie, I will not watch. I can’t imagine that it would be any good and I think only immature men will find it funny. Still, I’m reading the book and trying to do it as slowly as possible so that the Mister can keep up. It’s funny. Sick and disgusting, but funny.

I have no idea who I would recommend this book to. Maybe our friend Josh or my brother but I can’t think of any of my girlfriends that would like this book. If you’d like to give it a shot, read, “The Famous ‘Sushi Pants’ Story” at Tucker’s website. It’s the first one in the book and the one about peed myself over, heheh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.