Thursday, February 28, 2013

More Changes

Last night I finally bit the bullet and got myself a new phone. Cell phone that is. For several months,  I had been unable to actually use my phone as a phone. It was dropping calls so bad that I gave up trying to talk on it. On the one hand, I liked having a legitimate excuse not to have to talk to people. No offense,  lol. On the other,  I couldn't make appointments for the kids as needed and whatever else. As my long time readers know,  I'm a gadget whore. That probably makes you wonder why I put off getting a new phone for several months. Well, it was because I couldn't decide what I wanted. I've had an iPhone for years and as much as I love it, I wanted something new, but did I *really* want to mess with new apps and moving my music around and blah blah.

Anyway, last night I girded my loins and went to Verizon with no idea what I was going to get. I got lucky with a really patient and funny Verizon guy. He introduced me to The Little Sister aka, the Galaxy S 3.

Day two, and I like it so far. There's definitely a period of adjustment that I'm going through. I can't make it do things that I want because I keep treating it like an iPhone. It's a little frustrating but I'm coming along. I like the finger drag typing. It's way fast. I also like the widgets. Since I'm still figuring it out, the iPhone seems easier to use with a more straightforward interface but I'm holding off my final opinion on that for a bit.

I typed up this entire post on my new phone which is a first for me in all my years of blogging. I have always used a computer for blogging. So score one for the new phone.

Anyone else ever transitioned from an iPhone to an Android phone or vice versa? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.