Thursday, September 06, 2007

Because I Missed It

And I liked the question. This is the Booking Through Thursday question from last week.

There was a widely bruited-about statistic reported last week, stating that 1 in 4 Americans did not read a single book last year. Clearly, we don’t fall into that category, but . . . how many of our friends do? Do you have friends/family who read as much as you do? Or are you the only person you know who has a serious reading habit?

Quite a few of my friends and family read as much as I do. I think that my friend, Dana, may even have me beat as to the volume of books read.

In the recent past, I had a "friend" who didn't like to read and never read for pleasure. We aren't friends anymore and not because she didn't read but because we were too different. Since then, I have wondered if I could truly be good friends with someone who didn't like to read because books and reading are so much a part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.