Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vaca Visiting the Fam Pt. 2

Let's see. We left our house last Friday so today makes ten days since we've left home. I'm ready to go home. It's not anyone or anything but I guess I'm just homesick. I miss my bed, my house, the peace and quiet, my office, my Internet, my phone charger (I forgot the wall charger and can only charge my phone when we're in the car which is a major PITA!!), and most of all, I miss my sleep. Everyday that we've been here we've been up late and I've been woken up by either kids, dogs, or my sister's alarm going off at top level for an hour. I'm not exaggerating either. I am whining but I'm not exaggerating.

As a result, we're heading home a few days early. Just a few but enough that it'll be nice. We're not going to be able to go to the zoo, Cedar Point, or COSI but who cares. I want my house.

Anyway, enough whining.

I don't really have too much to say though. We haven't done anything. We did get to go to this petting zoo thing that had a giraffe, llamas, alpacas, goats, kangaroos, camels, and some other animals. What was cool about it is that you could feed and pet everything there except for the donkeys. I got to feed and pet a giraffe which was way cool. I also got to pet the kangaroos which was neat too. We had a lot of fun. Other than that, all we've done is hang out, shop, and eat. We discovered The Cheesecake Factory which is our new favorite restaurant. We've been twice and got something different each time and shared. Great food, HUGE portions, awesome cheesecake, and a nice environment. My only itch about it is that the menu is so big that it's hard to decide cuz everything sounds good and so far I've tried five different entrees and liked them all.

Despite my sister's alarm clock, I have truly loved staying with her. It seems very grown up to stay with my sister and her family, lol. I introduced her to my favorite wine last night and we enjoyed a bottle together. I also introduced her to Dooney & Burke, Coach, and Burberry but that's another story. ;)

Tomorrow we're leaving my sister's to visit some other fam. Then, we're headed back to N.C. first thing Thursday morning. We're driving straight through since staying in a hotel didn't really work out last time, heheh.

If you're tweeting me, leaving me Facebook messages, or comments on my blog and I'm not answering, I'm getting them, it's just hard to respond on my phone which constantly needs to be charged and I can only get on the Internet sporadically. I love and appreciate them though so don't stop!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation! I personally have a limit of about a week with family as well. Like you, it's nothing personal, I just like my own space :-)

    My week is filled with doctor appointments and school prep days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I always like to get away for vacation, I'm always glad to get home and be in familiar surroundings. There is just something about sleeping in your own bed the first night back. Pure bliss.

    I love the Cheesecake Factory too. It's a good thing there is not one close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana~~In hindsight, planning a two week long visitation was a bad idea. It's too long. I think I'm like you and have a limit at about a week.

    Pam~~Bliss is so right. The first night back in my bed I slept like a rock. It was great.

    We don't have a Cheesecake Factory nearby either. Our closest is in Virginia Beach with is 3 hours away. Really good thing because that place is too tempting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.