The girls have been really good all week. I don't think anyone believes me when I tell them that all three of us are doing okay, but we are. Every once in a while, I catch the oldest being too quiet or staring off into space and I know she's thinking about her dad and today, the youngest told me she was missing her dad. Still, over all, we're getting in lots of girl time, just the three of us.
Today, Sunday, I decided that I was going to take Sundays just for me. All week long, I work and take care of the house, kids, dogs, and whatnot. I've decided that Saturdays are going to be my commissary days and little shopping excursions for the girls. That's what we did this past Saturday. But Sundays, I've decided that they're going to be days that I get to do whatever it is that I want to do. I think I need a bit of time to ease into this new idea because this is what I did on my first "Me Sunday".
- I did my laundry. Again, I got all sentimental because some of the Mister's clothes were still in the hamper.
- I changed the sheets on my bed.
- I helped the girls with their chores.
- I vacuumed the downstairs, the upstairs hallway, and my bedroom.
- I cleaned the downstairs half bath.
- I hung wall decorations (it only took me 6 months) in the living room, entry way, and downstairs half bath.
- I cooked dinner.
Maybe by next Sunday I'll have figured out how to relax. ;)