Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pay Attention Here

This post sort of relates to the one I posted earlier today. Well, I guess it's more of an update. Anyway, for those of you that would be interested, you might want to start paying more attention to the blog for the next 10 or so months. We are on the last leg of recruiting duty and from here on out will be getting ready to move. The first step happened today. C submitted his request for new orders. We will find out in about 6 weeks where we will be going; whether it is where he requested or where the Marine Corps decides that he is needed. I figure it's safe to say where he requested since the paperwork has been submitted and nobody's opinion will make a difference now. His first two choices are with two MALS units at Miramar, CA. His Third choice is with a MALS unit in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. So, there you have it.

I know that all the family is always saying that they want us to get stationed closer to Ohio, but we don't want to move to Virginia and we don't want to live where there are hurricanes every year (North or South Carolina). We want to be warm again. Besides, way more people visited us while we lived in Cali than while we lived here in Vermont and Vermont is within driving distance. And if by some weird chance we end up in Hawaii, are you really going to complain if you come to visit us there? I don't think so.

But, if we end up in Virginia or wherever, at least it's not Vermont. ;)

3 comments:

  1. SAN DIEGO!!!! You better come... I need you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:38 PM

    I wouldn't mind going to Hawaii!!! But I know you love it in California. Good luck on whatever they decide!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Who's "anonymous"?? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.