Nobody in my household got very much sleep last night. The wind is blowing so hard that the house is creaking loudly. The Mister and I have been up off and on since 4 this morning. The funny/bad thing about it is that today is trash day. The girls put out our trash and recycling last night before it started raining. We got up this morning and all THREE paper grocery bags of recycling are GONE! I feel really bad that all that stuff is blowing around the neighborhood but we had no idea the weather was supposed to get so bad. Cleanup is going to be a bitch.
The wind also blew over our grill and our patio chairs. The grill is way to heavy for me to lift by myself and the Mister is at work so I’m hoping the propane tank is ok. Ugh!
In other news…
We have worked out a semi-solid moving plan.
- 3/8 – The movers come to pack the house.
- 3/9 – The movers come and load the truck.
- 3/10 – I have cleaners come to clean the house.
- 3/10-3/11 – We do any repairs and/or painting that needs to be done.
- 3/10-3/11 – We have carpet cleaners come.
- 3/12 – We hit the road. Our first overnight will be in Atlanta.
- 3/13 – We drive to Pensacola, Fl for a bit of sight seeing then onward to stay overnight in Gulfport, MS.
- 3/14 – We drive from Gulfport to San Antonio to visit with Dana and her family.
- 3/15 – Visiting in San Antonio.
- 3/16 – Drive from San Antonio to El Paso, TX for the night.
- 3/17 – Drive to Tucson, AZ to visit with another friend of ours.
- 3/18 – Arrive in San Diego.
Of course, this is just a preliminary plan and I’m sure things will change, but this is my ideal idea. ;) This means that we have to have everything completely ready to go by March 7th. That means that including today, we have 58 days to get ready for the movers. Big UGH!! But really exciting at the same time.
We’ve started looking at houses for rent out west. Base housing isn’t off the table and is probably where we’ll end up, but we’re still looking. While reading listings, it occurred to me that people are pretty stupid. I can understand why people don’t want pets in their rental properties. However, some people’s reasoning isn’t reasonable at all. One listing said cats ok and small dogs will be considered. In my experience as a pet owner, small dogs do just as much damage if not more than large dogs when it comes to chewing and not being house broken. To say that this is the domain of large dogs is preposterous at best. As for cats, cat pee is way worse than dog pee and cats scratch walls and carpet and stuff. Chances are because we have two 55 pound dogs, we’re not going to have much of a choice but to move into base housing. Why? Because most people are uninformed twits.