Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Everclear Concert

new-band

I’m a huge fan of the band Everclear. I have been since Sparkle and Fade. They are one of the few bands that I never hit “skip” on my iPod or turn the radio station because I’m tired of their music. The song Santa Monica made me feel good after we moved out of California and I was feeling homesick for it. So, when the opportunity came for me to get tickets to a local show, I snapped it up. It’s one of the many ways that Twitter has been good to me. ;)

We went to see them at a club here in San Diego called Anthology. This club is the nicest club I have ever stepped foot in. If I had a league, Anthology would be out of it, lol. They have a dress code for pete’s sake. Just in case you were wondering, I wore Michael Kors and the Mister wore Armani. There. I couldn’t resist saying it out loud. Hehehe. Anthology is also the first place I’ve ever eaten at that had a real chef. The food was pretty amazing. Little works of art on a plate.

The show itself was fantastic. They played all my favorite songs. When the band came out, Art Alexika, scanned the room and said that it was an Everclear dinner theater, lol. He’s a pretty funny guy.

I’m not going to bore you with all the details but I will say that it was a thrill for me to see them live. I wish that my stupid Blackberry would take better pictures so that I could share one but it doesn’t, so I won’t. They started their world tour today so if you have a chance to see them, I highly recommend it. They’re worth it.

Oh. And if you’re ever in San Diego and are looking for a night out, Anthology is fabulous. Good food. Good music. Good drinks. Great atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.