Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nostalgia

Pic from our anniversary vaca. This is from the side of the road on the way to San Luis Obispo.


I was looking back through my blog last night trying to figure out when I started up my business. Turns out it was June-ish of 2008 in case you were curious too. Anyway, reading back through my old posts made me realize how much my blogging, or lack thereof, has really changed over the years.

I used to have blogging friends. I still have a few, but I've lost touch with more of them than not. I used to actively read blogs and search for new blogs to read. Nowadays, I'm really selective about the blogs that I read and comment very rarely. I used to blog more than once a month. In 2007, I had 358 posts. That's more than one a day for the entire year. In 2011, I've posted 15 times. This will be #16. I've been blogging since late 2003 so I've been a witness to the ebbs and tides of blogging. It certainly isn't as trendy as it once used to be. Lots of people claim that blogging isn't even relevant anymore. As I feel very out of the loop, I can't offer an opinion on the state of blogging in general. I know that my RSS reader has about 150 new threads every day and that I subscribe to 210 different feeds. I read maybe four posts a day though, lol. I usually just click, "mark all as read".

I miss it though. I miss the community of bloggers that I was part of at one time. I miss having things to say that I want to share with other people.

Blah blah blah.

One blogging trend that I don't miss and I think it contributed to my reading blogs less is moms using their blogs to endorse products. I got really tired of that. If I want to be hawked at, I'll stop fast forwarding through commercials on TV. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it, just that it's not the kind of casual blog reading that I want to do.

NaBloPoMo is right around the corner. Maybe I'll put some serious effort to making it through that challenge this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.