Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cafe Escapes




I mentioned a loooooong time ago that I'm a Bzz Agent. I have been an agent since 2006 and it has been, for the most part, a great experience. One of my absolute favorite things is trying out new products. I get to do this with Bzz and for free! What more can you ask for?

I thought I'd share my most recent campaign with them.

They sent me sampler boxes of new Cafe Escapes K-Cups for my Keurig brewer. In my box, I got the Cafe Caramel, Cafe Vanilla, Chai Latte, Cafe Mocha, and Milk and Dark Chocolate hot chocolate flavors. The Milk Chocolate hot chocolate wasn't new to us. I often buy them for the youngest child since she's the only one in the house that doesn't like coffee. It's always a big hit.

So far, I've tried the Cafe Caramel and Cafe Mocha, which are my favorites, and the Chai Latte which I thought was gross.

First of all, I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners. I occasionally use Truvia to sweeten my tea but I prefer honey. I also drink Coke Zero Vanilla and Pepsi Next which are artificially sweetened but tolerable. I do NOT like Sweet and Low or Equal. Big, giganto, YUCK!! Cafe Escapes sweeten their treats with a combination of sucralose which you may know as Splenda, sugar, and glucose syrup for about 60 calories per K-Cup.

The Cafe Caramel and Cafe Mocha are so yummy and rich in flavor, that the artificial sweetener taste dulls in comparison. I'm having the Cafe Mocha right now and I'm sad that I only got one of those in my sampler. I thought that the caramel and chocolate flavors in each drink was genuine and very tasty.

The Chai Latte was just not for me. It was probably a combination of it being a black tea and the overpowering sucralose flavor, but I took one sip and dumped the rest down the sink.

If you're looking for something new to try in your Keurig and don't have an aversion to artifical sweeteners for whatever reason, I'd totally recommend trying the Cafe Escapes. They even have lemonade and hot apple cider for something different other than coffee or chocolate flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.