Monday, June 21, 2004

Turning a New Leaf

I'm thinking that I might try updating on a regular basis again. It's a good way for people to keep tabs on us, without actually having to talk to everyone, lmao. Just joking. I don't know how steady I'll be at this with my school work and life and stuff, but I'll try.

I guess I should start out by playing catch up...

We've been in Vermont for 5 months and 21 days now. It's been an adventure to say the least. Vermont winters are harsh and none us enjoy them, not even the kids. It's the first day of summer, and it got down to 46 last night, and 35 the night before. That's just craziness if you ask me. And it actually snowed on our anniversary this year, May 3rd. ACK!! But, Vermont is beautiful and we have a huge yard, bears for neighbors, and the kids are going to a great school. Take the good with the bad.

C's job is nutso, and that's an understatement. Some of you already know what he goes through, but it's too much to go into on here. If there are any Marine families reading this, AVOID RECRUITING DUTY AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!! No matter how bad that you've heard it is, it's ten times worse. On a good note though, C's in the zone for promotion to Staff Sergeant. We'll find out later this year if he actually gets the promotion. And he's also planning on re-enlisting for his third contract in October. Yay re-enlistment bonus!!

The kids are doing great. They've made friends with the neighbors next door, and are thriving here. Although, M complains regularly that Vermont sucks and she wants to move back to Cali, but oh well. Because of moving in the middle of the school year, as well as other factors, C and I decided to have M repeat the second grade. It's one of the hardest decisions that we've had to make as parents, but feel it's for the best.

I've started taking some college courses online. So far, I'm taking Biology, Biology Lab, American Adventure (A humanities course), Anthropology and Archaeology, and a computer class. It keeps me so entirely busy, that I don't have time for anything else including being upset that C's never home. It's a positive thing for me even though I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time.

We recently got a bunny. Her name is Chloe and she's a 16 month old English Lop. She runs around the house 24/7 since she doesn't need to be caged. She's 100% litter box trained and doesn't chew cords and things. She's awesome and we really love having her. I'll post a picture of her shortly.

On a sad note, we no longer have rats. They died and the kids said that they were tired of having rats die all the time and don't want them anymore.

FYI:
-The kids will not be going to Ohio this year to visit. Nuff said.
-We have no idea when we'll be going to Ohio at all. It'll be at the VERY least June 2005 before C's allowed to take leave. I have no desire at all to go to Ohio by myself, so that's that. And stop asking.
-We are not made out of money. Keep this in mind.
-Check back regularly if you're interested. I'm nobody's keeper and am not going to keep on everyone to check for updates. Bookmark our blog to your favorite places, bookmarks, or whatever it is that your browser calls it.


And lastly, food for thought...

Do you think that a scientist, who studies evolution, can also believe that God played a role in our creation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.