Thursday, September 10, 2009

What’s for Dinner?

We’re busy this year. BUSY. The Mister and I both started the fall semester Tuesday. We’re only taking two classes a piece this semester but add jobs, kids, and homeschooling to that and it’s more than enough. So, we came up with a way to balance out the home life stuff and I had to share because I’m excited about it, lol.

Mondays and Wednesdays, dinner is my responsibility. Tuesdays and Thursdays, dinner is the Mister’s responsibility. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be either take out, leftovers, or a joint collaboration. I LOVE IT!! And today was the first day the Mister cooked dinner, lol.

He made chicken fajitas, nachos, and rice. It was great. He could have made boiled hotdogs and I would have been happy so long as I didn’t have to come up with the idea and cook it.

I’m sick to death of dinner. Dinner sucks. By the end of the day after working, doing homework, and homeschooling the youngest, I could really care less what we have for dinner. Have a sandwich, bowl of cereal or a handful of chips for all I care. Seriously. But I think this will make me more interested in cooking again. I used to like to cook but cooking and eating your own food night after night gets old.

So, YAY!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Sometimes, by the end of the day, it just hurts to try to think of something for dinner. Sometimes I just want to simply go home and get a bowl of cereal..and have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've done cereal for dinner before too. I had cereal for dinner growing up occasionally as well. Sometimes, that's all the only thing I have the energy for, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.