Friday, June 03, 2011

Retro TV: Mad About You



Even before I became obsessed with Friends, I was a huge fan of Mad About You. Before this week, I hadn't seen an episode for years but we have a new channel (at least I think it's new. With 1000+ channels, I can't keep track) that airs two episodes Monday through Friday. It's now firmly embedded in my DVR recording list.

I totally missed Paul and Jaime Buchman. They were who I wanted to be when I grew up. They both had successful careers, they had a fantastic apartment in NYC (I still envy their bookcases), and they had nifty, if neurotic, friends. Oh. And they had Murray the dog after whom I named my second rabbit.

Other than the last couple seasons, I loved every minute of this show. MABEL was one of the biggest disasters of sitcom television, in my opinion. I'm happy that I have a chance to escape into their world a few times a week.

3 comments:

  1. LOVED that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this show too. I need to get the DVDs and watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great. They don't make shows like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.