Before we get started, I have to acknowledge the importance of this day to my family. 15 years ago today, my husband began his enlistment in the Marine Corps. It's been quite a journey...and that's the most massive understatement I've ever made. We've lived in four different states and three different coasts: Florida on the gulf coast, California (twice) on the Pacific coast, Vermont, and North Carolina on the Atlantic coast. We've moved nine different times. The oldest child has attended nine different schools, four of those were elementary schools. The youngest child has attended six different schools, four of those were elementary schools. The Mister has deployed to Japan and Afghanistan (we've been extremely lucky that he's only deployed twice in 15 years). Our experience with the Marine Corps has been, and probably will continue to be, the biggest love/hate relationship of our lives. I don't regret the bad times though, because they have only served to make us a stronger both as individuals and as a family. The Marine Corps is my little brother and it's best if everyone remembered that. I may dog on it, pick on it, and call it names, but unless it's your little brother too, you'd best keep your mouth shut about it or I might have to pound on you a bit. ;)
And now to our regularly scheduled Friday program.
1. What is one grammar issue you cannot let go without correction? I always correct my kids on grammatical errors. When it comes to texts, I ignore most of them because texting seems to equal ignorance of the English language. Basically, I don't correct people because it's been my experience that nobody likes to be corrected.
2. What's your favorite thing about fall? Thanksgiving without a doubt.
3. What's your favorite dish to take to a potluck? I've never been to a potluck that I haven't been told what to bring ahead of time.
4. When do you start Christmas (Holiday) shopping? Whenever I get to it. I'm already storing up ideas in my head though.
5. Did you move homes a lot growing up? If I remember correctly, I lived in six different houses/apartments growing up. I don't count the houses that either my mom or dad lived in when I wasn't living with them though.
- The last time I was on vacation I went to Paso Robles, CA with the Mister to celebrate our 15th anniversary. It was fantastic.
- For Thanksgiving I like to eat turkey and for Christmas I like to eat ham. Anything else is just being a communist. :)
- My heart hurts when I see the Youngest struggling with school work or being picked on by other kids because she has the kindest heart and the most generous soul I've ever known and doesn't deserve the hard hand she's been dealt in life.
- Why must people degrade, bully, insult, and intimidate just to make themselves feel or look better?
- Something I am very proud of is persevering to get my undergrad. It's taking me an epic amount of time, but I'm still plodding along. It would have been easy to give up on it over the years and I've come close a couple times.
- My favorite thing about myself is my honesty. I answer honestly and I want honest answers.
- My favorite color for fall is cranberry. I just bought a cranberry colored case for my iPad. ;)
- Something I've learned lately is red lights are just suggestions. Kidding. I learned what the steam punk genre of novels is.
- A book I am reading now is The Strange Case of Finley Jayne. It's a steam punk prequel to a series. I downloaded it for free on Kindle ages ago and just pulled it out this week. It's not too bad so far. Being a steam punk novel, it definitely takes some getting used to.
- My favorite Pandora Station is I don't have one. I listen to Pandora but I create my own stations. I really like my Of Monsters & Men Radio if that counts.
- This weekend I will attempt to relax and get a decent night's sleep. I'd also like to get a hike and geocaching in but it's supposed to be hot again this weekend.