Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Laying Low

I’ve been keeping a low profile the past few days. The Mister had yesterday and today off of work as did the kids. I haven’t checked my e-mail or answered the phone since Friday, lol. Do you know how wonderful that is? My mini-break is over today since I have to get some work in which means I have to open Outlook but it was nice while it lasted.

The girls were supposed to go back to school today but they cancelled school on account of all the snow we got:

IMG_0029

Scary, huh? The entire eastern part of North Carolina is closed today. It’s probably for the best since snow in these parts tends to panic people. I remember a time in Vermont when we already had about four inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing so hard you could barely see and they still didn’t cancel school for my kids, lol. At the time, I thought it was a bit ridiculous but there had to be snowfall of an epic proportion before they cancelled school up there. As much as I hate the snow and cold I was still hoping just a little bit that we would get the 3-5 inches that was forecasted. Hannah has never seen the snow and I think she’d be really funny playing in it. Bailey always was. She liked to snuffle her muzzle in it then come back up with a snow beard. It always made us laugh.

Well, since I have done nothing, I have nothing else to blog about. Our plans for today include staying inside because of the snow and it’s quite blustery outside with the wind chills. I made a nice pot of chili for dinner last night which we’re going to have for lunch today and then I’m making homemade chicken and noodles for dinner tonight in honor of the “snow”, heheh. Fun times.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    I can't believe you got snow. We only saw it once while we were there and that was when my oldest was an infant. I saw a pic of J'ville and it looks like they got a little more. The kids would've enjoyed seeing snow again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how my dog would feel about snow. It doesn't snow where I live other than maybe once every ten years and it's never the kind that lasts long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana~~I know! The Mister and I were both skeptical that we would actually get any snow at all. I think we ended up with 2-3 inches in the end. Not too bad but enough to shut everything down, lol.

    LF~~It isn't lasting long here either. Longer than it would in SoCal though, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.