Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's What's for Dinner



The Mister has duty tonight. Usually when he has duty, the girls and I have a dinner that he doesn't like. Traditionally, we like to have turkey tetrazzini. This time around, I forgot he had duty and therefore didn't get the stuff for turkey tet (as we like to call it for short) at the commissary. Oh. And I'm currently experiencing an adverse reaction to a medication in which my eyes are swollen, itchy, red, and burning so there's no way in hell you're getting me out in public until it goes away. I'm not going to the grocery store like this. No way, no how. So tonight, we're trying something new.

As you've heard me rave before, I love, love, love Pinterest. I've found lots of interesting recipes on there and we've tried several with varying success. Tonight, the girls and I are trying this:  Beef Stew

I feel slightly guilty at trying something new while the Mister will be working that looks so incredibly yummy but thems the breaks. I also couldn't have picked a better night, weather-wise, because we're supposed to be getting some wintry rain tonight with snow in the mountains. How perfect is hearty beef stew for a cold, rainy night? Am I right? 

It's a crock pot recipe, so I gots ta get off of here and get it going. Maybe I'll remember to do a write up of how it turned out. Feel free to remind me if I don't. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.