Friday, May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012: Five Question Friday
1. What advice would you give a couple getting married?
Honesty and trust are #1. If you don't have it, you don't have a solid foundation for your marriage. Make sure that you're marrying someone you'd call your best friend. I also like something that I've seen around Pinterest which is, is the man you're with the image of the son you hope you have someday. Picture yourself when you're old and gray and retired. Do you see yourself sitting on a front porch swing with the man you're with beside you?
2. If you could tell your 16 year old self ONE thing, what would it be?
3. What do you do to keep cool in the summer? (AC, windows, fans, swimming, etc.)
We run the AC, of course, but we'll also hang out at the coast where it's usually significantly cooler than inland.
4. What did you (or your wife) crave most while pregnant?
I can only remember having cravings with my first pregnancy and I craved sweet and sour soup.
5. Who is your favorite TV mom? Why?
Probably Claire Huxtable. She was beautiful, smart, and successful. She could sing, dance, and speak Spanish. I agreed with most of her parenting ideals. She was fair and loving to her kids but when they deserved it, she could be a force. And her kids respected her. I also really love Kristina Braverman from Parenthood. I can relate to her being the mom of a special needs kid.