Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Stuff

Five Question Friday is on a break today so I'm coming up with my own random stuff to post. I know. It's a novel idea.

First of all, have you ever considered how much cell phones are contributing to noise pollution? I'm not just talking about people's obnoxious ring tones or their incessant notification bings and buzzes or people talking on them loudly in restaurants. This morning, I'm behind this lady in a mom-mobile. We're in the left-hand lane and she starts drifting to the right, edging another car towards the curb. They blow their horn at her, she corrects, and we stop at a stoplight. I can tell by her body language that she's fooling around with her phone. Either that or she was really obsessed with how her palm looked. So the light turns green and she's still sitting there. Then I toot my horn at her. Geez lady! You're behind the wheel. DRIVE.

Secondly, I'm rereading the J.D. Robb's In Death series for the umpteenth time. I organized my bookshelves recently and they caught my eye. What can I say?

Thirdly, I cleaned out my refrigerator today. It was gross. There was some stuff in there that I couldn't even tell what it had been at one time. It really hasn't been that long since I cleaned it out, but the temperature control on our older-than-the-trees refrigerator is dinky. The ice thaws and refreezes into a solid block and the lunch meat in the fridge was frozen. Wth. But, it looks nice on the inside, aside from the rust that I couldn't clean out, and we seriously need to go grocery shopping. It's empty now.

Fourthly, I've been driving the Mister's car for two weeks now and I miss my car. I like driving his car, it's a Rav 4, because it's more convenient. I don't have to slow down at EVERY intersection so that I don't rip off my front bumper, it doesn't have the worst blind spot in the history of cars, it has tinted windows which is nice with all the sunshine, and it's roomier. But my car has a kick ass stereo and I MISS IT. My car is cute, sporty, and zippy. And it doesn't have a funky smell that comes out of the vents. And it doesn't have golf balls rolling around the back. And it's clean. On the inside it's clean. The outside, not so much. I want my car back.

Fifthly, Plantweed is done. It's still alive. It was actually a lily-type plant. It bloomed an orange flower which is how I know. But it looks like crap. The leaves are all chewed and turned brown on the edges from the damage. It's ugly. Maybe it'll come back next year and with it being inside, it won't get eaten by snails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.