Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17, 2012: Blog Hopping Friday


1. What's the one thing you buy every time you walk into the store? As in the grocery store? I'd have to say milk. We've gone through almost four gallons of milk in the last two weeks. What's up with that?

2. If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it? If I stayed home, I would just enjoy the peace and quiet with my book or catching up with the DVR. Otherwise, I'd like to spend some time at the mall without people rushing me or making me go into stores full of clothes for today's goth/rebellious/slutty teenager.

3. Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under? No. Over. Almost all the time. Usually about ten over unless I'm on the freeway then it's about 15 over. I know. That's bad but if you drive the speed limit here, people run you off the road.

4. What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix? I love to make tiramisu at home from scratch.

5. Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")? I would definitely pick a mouse if I had to choose. I had a spider crawl across my legs the other day and I screamed like a little girl and dumped my laptop on the floor trying to get away from it.


1. The best thing to do on a hot day is either go to the beach or stay inside with the AC and a book.
2. The best place to be on a hot day is at the coast. In San Diego, it's almost always mild at the coast even if it's 90 inland.
3. The best thing to eat on a hot day is fresh fruits and veggies. Or a cold pasta salad. I really like watermelon in the summer.
4. Hot days are great. I love summer. In SoCal, I love when it's so hot outside that when you go out, your skin prickles with the heat. Back east, I love it when it's so humid that when you open the door it hits you in the face. I'm a summer person.
5. My go to uniform on a hot day is shorts and a tank top or t-shirt and flip flops. I don't care what care what Clinton Kelly says about flip flops. I love them.
6. The scent that reminds me of summer is fresh cut grass, sunblock, and the ocean.
7. My favorite thing about summer is the laziness of it. I don't feel pressure to have dinner done at a certain time. I just generally like not being on a schedule of any kind.



1. I read so many pages of my book in a day.
2. I don't like birds as pets but I love dogs, cats, rats, and rabbits.
3. When I watch Weeds, Dexter, or any of my other shows on Showtime and HBO, I like to have a glass of wine.
4. I have 2 IDs, some credit cards, a few pictures, membership cards, and stamps in my wallet.

That's it for this week. If you want to participate, click on any or all of the pictures to go to the hosting blog.

6 comments:

  1. I dont think of birds as pets either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're loud, stinky, and messy. They don't appeal to me at all.

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a glass of wine in a while, but I'm planning to indulge on Tuesday evening at a work dinner. Hope I don't get too tipsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a good Wine Tuesday!

      Delete
  3. Milk... that's mine too. I am always buying milk!

    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can never seem to keep it in the house. I guess that's par for the course with two kids.

      Delete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.