I have to share this before we get started. It half makes me look bad, but it makes me laugh hysterically nonetheless.
The other day, I was taking the Oldest to the hair salon. On the way, this total jack rabbit was tail gaiting me. Now, I tolerate a certain amount of tail gaiting here in San Diego. It's just a way of life and I've been known to do it myself from time to time. However, I sped up to 45 in a 35 to see if he'd back off and he didn't. Not one jot. So, I slowed down to 35 and kept pace with a city bus in the lane to the right of me. Being a two lane road (two lanes in each direction), this meant that when he swerved around trying to pass me, recklessly I might add, he couldn't. We get up to a point in the road where a turn lane opens in the lane to my left. The turn light is green and the straight lane lights were red. So I slow down even further and wait for the turn light to turn red, then I pull up to the stop light. He toots his horn at me as he gets into the turn lane to which I respond with a stiff middle finger. I roll down my window, my light turns green, and I stick my hand out the window giving him a little finger wave (not a euphemism. I didn't flip him off again) cackling the whole way while he waits for his turn light. This prompts him to totally blare his horn at me which only serves to make me laugh harder. I know this is totally childish and how people get shot at red lights, but I felt very righteous. I'm pretty sure the driver was a teenager and I was merely doing my civic duty by giving him a driving lesson. ;)
Now that I've shared how totally shallow, idiotic, and easily entertained that I am, back to the show...
- Where do you hide junk when people come over? People don't visit me. When they do, it's either with lots of notice so that I have time to clean, or it's totally unexpected so I talk to them at the door. If I actually have to let them in for whatever reason, they get to see whatever is out and about. What really pisses me off if when someone says they're coming and I go on a cleaning frenzy only to have them cancel for whatever reason.
- Do political ads help you to decide who you are going to vote for? Not really. I don't believe anything that I hear in a political ad. It's all biased propaganda. You'd have to be a fool to base your vote on ads. No offense.
- What's your favorite holiday party to host? I don't host parties. I don't go to them either unless I'm backed into a corner. Social anxiety people.
- You go to an island with your husband. You can only take one personal item. What is it? Soap.
- If you found out that your spouse was a Dexter-style serial killer, would you rat him out? Being a huge Dexter fan, I often ask myself this question. Does killing killers make killing right? Our justice system definitely has holes in it which Dexter fills. I really don't know. I think this is the type of thing that you would only really know what you'd do when faced with the actual situation. Any other serial killer, I'd worry that I'd be next. However, Dexter lives and kills by a code so unless I started committing heinous crimes myself, I wouldn't have to worry about being next. Still, I just don't know.
- One thing I plan on doing this weekend to relax is reading and gaming. My semester starts on Monday and after looking at the class schedules for my classes, I'm going to be swamped with reading, papers, and projects. I plan on shoving in as much "reading for fun" as I can this weekend and gaming with the husband.
- A big pet peeve of mine is bullying. There's just no excuse to belittle and harass other people.
- I am really loving my new PC and my new iPad. Yes. I sound spoiled. My husband spoils me! I'm really loving him too. ;)
- The rain is tropical. We got some rain the other day that was from the remnants of a Pacific tropical storm. Today and the last couple days have been humid. It's really weird weather for us but I like it!
- My favorite girly indulgence is purses/bags and makeup. I spend too much money on both. Oh. And fingernail polish. LOVE fingernail polish.
- A song I always get stuck in my head is varied. It just depends. Right now, I have Grouplove's song Spun stuck in my head but that's just because it was what was playing on my iPhone when I got out of the car this morning.
- The best cure for stress is dinner out with the husband ALONE with a fun cocktail. I was majorly PMS'ing yesterday and to contain my wrath, the Mister took me out to dinner so that I wouldn't be harassed by the kids. Isn't he lovely??? I had a Peach Bellini if you were wondering.
- If only I had a car and driver then I wouldn't have to road rage on assholes.
- When I was little I used to ride my bike, go swimming, and play with my friends all summer until it was dark and I had to come inside. Nowadays, kids expect to be entertained. What's up with that??
- I think debating politics is for the birds.
- I feel happiest when I'm either immersed in a hobby, working, or going to school. I like to have something to do with myself other than just being a house frau.