Friday, October 05, 2012

October 5, 2012: Blog Hopping Friday

Before we get started, I just want to say that the gas situation here in San Diego and California as a whole is outrageous. We went to the Navy Exchange yesterday to fill up and the lines made it look like a hurricane was coming. We paid $4.19 a gallon and overnight, it went up to $4.29 a gallon and that's before it went up nine cents the night before that. On Camp Pendleton, it's $5.14 a gallon. This is for regular too people. Gas on military bases tends to be the cheapest in the area too. AAA says that the average price of gas in the state is $4.49 a gallon which is the highest in the country. Some gas stations have already shut down their pumps. The way I understand it, suppliers didn't buy enough "summer" gas. That, combined with a power outage at one refinery and a fire at another, means that reserves are low. It's pretty crazy.

Anywho...


 
  1. I am very judgmental. I have high standards. What can I say?
  2. I am most comfy in sweatpants and an over-sized t-shirt. Glass of wine in one hand, book in the other.
  3. You will never believe what I saw on my way I got nothing here. Well, a couple weeks ago, I saw a guy on a segway with a dog laying across the handle bars. I had never seen anything like that before. 
  4. My mornings don't start until my alarm goes off. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, a run follows the alarm. The other days, nagging the kids to get ready for school is what happens.

  1. The last thing I ate was an after dinner snack of Cheez-Its.
  2. The last time I went to the beach was I'm thinking late August or early September. I'm not sure.
  3. My last vacation was our 15th anniversary trip to Paso Robles last year. We don't vacation often.
  4. The last place I drove was down the street to the high school to drop the oldest off this morning. With the gas situation the way that it is here in San Diego, she'll be walking next week.
  5. The last song I listened to was Lily Allen's F**k You on my iPod. Heheh. It's a way funny song if you've never heard it before.
  6. The last thing on TV I watched was I'm currently watching the Fresh Prince of Bel Air with the youngest before I take her to school.
  7. The last time I said I love you was this morning to the Mister as he drove by the Oldest and I on our run.
  1. What album/cd/download are you embarrassed to admit you have?  I really don't get too embarrassed about my music choices but if I had to pick, I suppose it would be Adam Lambert's Whataya Want From Me. I really liked it at the time but it's not even in my play rotation anymore.
  2. What's the one thing your spouse does better than you? He's way better at keeping up with current events and understanding politics than I am. He's also better at math. 
  3. When do you start buying Halloween candy? A week or two beforehand. I'm afraid if I buy it much sooner than that, people will eat it.
  4. Family closets - Yay or nay? I had to look at another person's answer to even see what this meant and then I'm not even sure if I get it. Is this one closet for clothes that the entire family shares? What's the point of that? I don't even have a space that I could do that in my house. Each bedroom has it's own closet. We have a coat closet downstairs that gathers shoes, but other than that, we each have our own closet. This is weird.
  5. Which home/cleaning chore do you hate the most and why? Laundry. Because unless you and your entire family is naked while doing laundry (and that's just a disturbing and messed up thought) it never ends. There is always dirty laundry. I also hate cleaning bathrooms.

3 comments:

  1. I saw about the gas prices on the news this morning. It's crazy! I live on the other side of the USA and our gas is at $3.89. Looks like we will be catching up to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be in Canada where we are paying $1.30 a litre and it takes 4 litres to make an American gallon. That is $5.30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wine in hand... I am very comfy that way too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.