Thursday, November 01, 2012

NaNoWriMo and Photo a Day



Yep. You read that right. It's not a typo. For several years, I've tried and mostly failed at NaBloPoMo or National Blog Posting Month. I think I successfully completed that challenge once. I'm terrible at that kind of thing. Despite that, this year, I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo which is National Novel Writing Month. Whereas NaBloPoMo's goal is to write at least one blog post per day for the month of November, NaNoWriMo's goal is to write 50,000 by 11:59:59 on November 30. That's approximately 1,667 words per day or a total of 175 pages. I've had some ideas bouncing around in my head for quite some time and I figured this is as good as reason as any to put them on paper. Or Scrivener as is the case for me. Also, the Mister wanted to attempt NaNoWriMo but wanted company so I'm it. Poor bastard.

I'm not going the official route by registering at the website or uploading my progress. This is solely for me.

I'm also participating in #FMSphotoaday / #novphotoaday on Instagram. There are prompts from Fat Mum Slim for each day of November. Today, for instance, was "something beginning with 'c'". I dumped one of the kid's Halloween candy out and took a picture of it for today. Tomorrow is color.

All of these various challenges are a fun way of spending November. We'll see how I do over the Thanksgiving holiday, lol.

Feel like doing something fun and challenging this month? Dare ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.