Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….
What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?
This is a post that could go on and on. There are so many books that I'm looking forward to reading this year. One, Brother Odd by Dean Koontz, I already finished. Another, The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett, I'm currently in the middle of reading. Aside from those, I'll list my top ten at this point. This is a list that will change throughout the year because I can't possibly be aware of all the books coming out this year. Also, these are not in any order.
- Any of the In Death books that will be published this year.
- The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlam
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Guilty Pleasures graphic novel by L.K.H.
- The Cider House Rules by John Irving
- The second and third Dexter books.
- The Appeal by John Grisham
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
- War and Peace by Tolstoy
War and Peace I would like to finish this year. I started it last year but it's a slow go for me. I keep putting it aside for other books but I really want to finish it. These are all books that are on my reading challenge lists. I'm looking forward to reading all of those books this year.