Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Question Friday


 
 
1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
 
Gosh. I really don't know. Maybe the year that the Mister got me all the Harry Potter books (that had been written at that point) in hardcover. That was pretty cool. I also liked the Oscar de la Renta nightgown and robe the Mister got me last year while he was deployed. They're really pretty. He also got me a peridot pendant last year too which I love.

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?  

I've never participated in a White Elephant gift exchange.

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
 
We usually try to do a theme with our tree when it comes to color. For instance, we've done purple and silver (which might sound odd but it was really pretty). This year we're doing red and silver. We twisted together silver and red garland, our bulb ornaments are silver and red, and the lights on the tree are LED silver and red bulbs. But our traditional ornaments are up there too. It's a pretty effect and we like it. One year, I would like to do a beach theme. It's the ultimate in Christmas tacky, but it would be fun.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
 
For clothing items that have to be ironed (like if I'm going to a funeral or a job thing), I use an iron and ironing board. For things that are casual or will end up wrinkled five seconds after I put them on anyway, I toss them into the dryer with a damp washcloth. Sometimes when I'm feeling way lazy and just don't care too much, I'll attempt to "steam" the wrinkles out of something by hanging it in the bathroom while I shower. This never works, but I feel better at least making an attempt. ;)

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
 
I think we do a minimum amount of baking compared to most people. We make peanut butter blossoms (the cookies I mentioned in last week's 5QF. I finally found the name.) every year. I consider that a tradition. The Mister usually makes a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert after Christmas dinner but we're thinking of trying something new this year. I also make buckeyes every year. It's a must whether or not I feel like eating them but they don't require baking. We also used to make turtle brownies from scratch every year but Nestle stopped making the chips that we need to put in them (at least I haven't been able to find them the past couple years) so we stopped making those. This year, we're making traditional sugar cookies. We bought cookie cutters and we'll have the girls decorate them. I'd also like to try and make fudge because I LOVE fudge and I haven't had it in years but I don't know if I will or not. I have some other things that I've pinned on Pinterest that I'd like to try but again, I don't know if I will or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.