Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Guess Where I Stand

Navy, Blue Angles, government, budget cuts

The Navy has cancelled all the rest of the Blue Angels' appearances for the rest of the year. Even though we won't be here to not see it, this includes MCAS Miramar's 2013 Air Show.

Read the story for yourself.

tricare, united health care, military benefits, military


On April 1, 2013, Tricare West transitioned to United Healthcare. Health benefits didn't change under the new contractor, which is great. However, we've been a military family long enough, 16 years this September to be more specific, that I have been able to observe changes in our health coverage. For instance, I remember a time when we paid a $6.00 copay for prescriptions. This week, we paid over $100 for allergy medications. I realize that a lot of people with different health insurances pay a lot more than that. I have to shake my head at how military families are being taken care of while our military risk their lives in war zones across the world and their families are left at home to worry and to deal with the Murphy's Law of deployments. But I guess that doesn't matter.

From what I've heard through the grapevine, military healthcare will eventually resemble that of the free healthcare given to no or low income families. So my husband is giving 20 years of his life, the best 20 years of his working life, to the military only to be treated like a welfare case when he retires??



I just read a story about multiple stabbings at a college in Texas. Wow. Gun control laws really worked to prevent that tragedy, now didn't they???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.