Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Car Foibles

I discovered two things today while out running errands. The first has to do with coming home from my friend's house Saturday night. As I was driving along, the minivan in front of me came to a sudden stop and I could see a skunk rolling around underneath their van. The skunk, narrowly escaping death, looked me dead in the eye, then proceeded to run in front of my car and into the brush alongside of the road. The smell was atrocious and....has lingered as I found out this morning. (I was busy playing slug Sunday and Monday) Big ugh!! I'm not sure what to do about the smell, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Then this afternoon, I was at the Shell station getting gas. When I opened up the gas door I heard this "plop" sound. I looked over at the ground to see a large toad writhing on the ground in front of my tire. It was all black from car and road dirt and flopping around on it's back. It was absolutely disgusting. I had to back up when I was ready to leave to avoid further smashing it under my tire. C said that I should've just run it over and put it out of its misery, but I couldn't stand the thought of toad guts all over the car. EEEWWW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.