Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Fought the Pillow and the Pillow Won

Brace yourselves for a post of randomness.


The Mister and I gave up on the new pillows last night. We tried to like them. We really did. My face is broken out from where I slept with my hands next to my face trying to get comfortable. The Mister had a sore neck from the pillow. Prior to last night, I don't remember the last time I had gotten a good night's sleep. The dumb things had to go.

I'm taking a week off from Facebook. My blog posts, tweets, and a few other things may post to my timeline, but I won't actually be checking Facebook until next Wednesday, March 20th. Constantly biting my tongue, reading hypocritical posts by a bunch of drama queens was getting to me. When a website is getting to you, it's time to step back and get some perspective. Ya know? Even now, I want to make a list of all the dumb things people post on Facebook that annoy the crap out of me but I'm exercising restraint and not adding more drama to the drama pie.

AND!!!!! I completed my final two classes of my bachelor's degree on Sunday. If you've known me a while or been with my blog from the beginning, you know that this has been a long road with many obstacles. Between moving (I've lived in five different houses in three different states since I started classes), recruiting duty, working, and raising teenagers, it's been a challenge. All that just makes the final result all the sweeter though. I've earned this degree and I'm proud of myself. If I can do it, anybody can. Your excuses for not going back to school no longer apply. ;)

What's next...Because of the current limbo we're in, I have to hold off on making plans for the future. The Mister has submitted his last reenlistment package but because of all the budget cuts, drawbacks, and the fact that his MOS (his job withing the Marine Corps) is already overpopulated, getting it approved isn't guaranteed. If it gets approved, we'll be moving to Florida in June. I may apply to grad school. I will definitely be looking to get a job there. If it doesn't get approved, I will definitely be getting a job, grad school won't be an option, and we have no idea where we'll be living. Not in San Diego though. I have no desire to be "California poor". So you see? Until we know one way or the other, my hands are pretty much tied. We'll know in less than 30 days. Our government is abysmal. Just saying.

Lastly, are you aware of Ulta's 21 days of Beauty?  I LOVE this. There are some really good deals to get in on. Well, if you're into makeup and such. You can also get a coupon for $3.50 off $10 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.