Thursday, August 01, 2013

August Challenge, Day 1: The Story of My Life


Two blog posts in one day. No, the world isn’t coming to an end. Had I seen this challenge before five minutes ago, I would’ve only posted for the prompt instead of my earlier book review. Oh wells. This is from author Natalie Grueninger. I’ve only recently heard of her and her blog. One of her focuses is the Tudors and she’s written a book about them. I happen to be an obsessed anglophile, in particular, the Tudor family so I was excited to discover Natalie’s blog.

Anyway, she has proposed a daily blogging challenge. Here are the prompts if you’re interested in joining in. Today’s prompt is “the story of your life in 250 words”. Here goes…


 I was born in Ohio in 1977. My parents divorced when I was three. I lived with both my mom and then my dad at different phases of my life while growing up. I have a brother who is six years my senior and a step-adopted sister who is four years my junior.

When I was 17, I met my future husband. We had been together for seven months before I turned up pregnant at 18. We got married after being together for over a year and just before our first daughter was born. He joined the Marines in 1997 and we had our second daughter in 1999. We’ve lived in Florida, California, Vermont, North Carolina, California (again) and we just moved to Florida. I loved California and North Carolina but hated living in Vermont. Too cold.

My husband and I both just got our undergrads and are now pursuing our graduate degrees. I’ve come to terms with being a student for the rest of my life, lol. While you might think being a perpetual student and a military wife would be challenging, being the parent of two teenaged girls has been the biggest challenge of my life. I’m also beginning to think that finding a job is going to be in the top five of my life challenges.

The story of my life:  When my house is clean, nobody comes over. When it's a mess, people drop by unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.