Saturday, August 24, 2013

August Challenge, Day 24: Learn About Something New

I actually looked this up today because it's been bothering me for a couple weeks now. You know when you get eyelid twitches? Those little muscle spasms that are just plain annoying? Well, the following are possible causes:

  1. Tiredness
  2. Stress
  3. Too much caffeine or alcohol
  4. Eye strain
  5. Dry eye
  6. Nutritional imbalance 
  7. Allergies
I'm figuring the cause of my continued annoyance is stress which has led to insomnia and thus, tiredness. I haven't had any changes in my diet. It could possibly be eye strain and dry eye but I've never had eye spasms coincide with those before. Lastly, my allergies have been much better since we moved so I don't think that's it either.

Treatment (via www.nlm.nih.gov)

  1. Get more sleep
  2. Drink less caffeine
  3. Lubricate your eyes with eye drops
Helpful, right? Get more sleep, hehehehe.

P.S.

Yesterday's challenge prompt, "spend $5 or less" was impossible. Did you see my favorite shopping sites? I went to Ulta today and spent an embarassing amount of money. I don't think anything was under $5. Anywhooooo.....

If you'd like to jump in and participate in this blogging challenge, please visit Natalie Grueninger's blog for prompts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.