Saturday, August 03, 2013

August Challenge, Day 3: A Treasured Memory


 When my girls were younger, they always played very well together. They were each other's best friend. They were always together, into some trouble or another. Now that they're teenagers, a two and a half year age difference is a much bigger gap than it was when they were toddlers. They still hang out sometimes but they have pretty different interests.

A couple months ago, I happened to look up from my book and I saw them laying together in the loveseat. They were head to head with their feet hanging over the sides of the sofa and were both playing some game together on their iPads. It really struck me how very few of those kinds of moments I have left before graduation and college, etc., come along. Seeing them like that was poignant and a very treasured memory.



If you'd like to participate in this blogging challenge, please visit Natalie Grueninger's blog for prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.