Friday, March 02, 2012

March 2, 2012: Five Question Friday


 
 
1. Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
 
The Outer Banks. It's beautiful, historic, and I have great family vacation memories there. I long to go there again. 

2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
 
Gaming. Yep. I'm a girl gamer. I take time away from the stresses of life and lose myself in an MMO. I play several different games and which one I play depends on my mood at the time. I only have two or three friends who would understand this which sometimes makes me wonder if I need new friends.  ;)

3. What is your favorite fashion trend right now? Or, in the past?
 
I really liked the long cardigans that women started wearing about two years ago I guess. (Not entirely sure on that because I don't pay attention to fashion trends. This is just when I started noticing people wearing them.) I have no idea if they are still trendy to wear, but I just bought myself one made of 100% alpaca Wednesday night. It's lovely. It feels like I'm wrapping myself in a warm fuzzy hug when I wear it. 

4. What are your spring break plans?
 
My mother in law is flying out for spring break. I'm looking forward to seeing her. It's been a while since we've had visitors. I just hope my stupid jury duty summons doesn't interfere.

5. What baby names do you hate?
 
I don't like overly pretentious names. That's not specific since what I deem to be pretentious may just seem cute to someone else. But, I don't really like presidential-sounding names. I also don't like anything so weird that it will surely get a kid made fun of on the playground. Bullies find enough fuel without parents setting them up for failure by naming them something dumb like Princess. I know a nurse who was working the maternity ward at her hospital when a lady had twins. She named them Cinderella and Prince Charming. I'm sorry, but that's just freaking child abuse. Not entirely fond of people using car or designer names either. I think that falls under "overly pretentious".  There should only be one Coco Chanel. What's wrong with a traditional name like Jonathan or Emma?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.