Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We're Humans. Get Over Yourself

It takes a certain kind of psyche to want to be the center of attention. I am very much an introvert so this is something that is beyond my understanding. I've never had ambitions to try out for Broadway or travel up the interstate to try my hand at acting in Hollywood. Becoming a celebrity isn't anything to which I've ever aspired. I really don't get why celebrities, who are already in the public eye, consistently insist on making themselves even more noticeable by being eccentric on top of being on television or in the movies.

Have you heard about January Jones and her placenta pills?? Placenta pills made from her own placenta. She says that she takes them for energy and that it's a normal thing to do because humans are the only animals that don't consume their placenta after giving birth. Did it ever occur to her that the reason animals consume their placentas is to protect their young from predators? Animal mothers certainly don't send it off to some kook to be dehydrated, ground up, then put into capsules. How much nutritional value could possibly be left after that process anyway? That's just ICK and nothing a person says is going to convince me otherwise.

And just when I thought I'd heard it all, I see on the Today Show this morning that Alicia Silverstone posted a video of herself prechewing her son's food and then feeding it to him directly from her mouth. I'm not sure which is more disgusting, the placenta pills or the prechewing. You can decide for yourself if you choose to click on the video link. The link is from The Huffington Post and not the Today Show, just so you know.

Bottom line:  We are humans. We were given thumbs, a developed brain, and grocery stores for a reason. We're not birds!!! The human mouth is one of the most disgusting, germ-laden things on the planet. Don't expose your babies with developing immune systems to that. We're also at the top of the food chain which means we don't have to protect our young from predators wanting to eat them. Whatever happened to some basic common sense??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.