Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13, 2012: Five Question Friday


1. Who mows your grass?
 
It depends really. It first started out being the Oldest child's chore but she did such an incredibly lazy, lousy job at it, that she got fired. Then it became the Mister's chore. Now, he and I kind of share it. I used to refuse to do yard work because the way I figure it, I do the laundry, dust and vacuum, do the dishes, clean the bathrooms, etc., etc., so why the hell should I have to do yard work too?? But one day, I went out back for whatever reason and the lawnmower was sitting there. I decided to push it around a little and found that I like the work of it. I do the back part of the yard and the Mister does the side part and the edging with the trimmer. Housing does the front yard and all common areas though. 

2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?
 
Nope. No picture wall. I'm not big on hanging things on the wall. I have a few random whatevers here and there, but no groupings.

3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)
 
This is a head scratcher. Still scratching my head. Hmm. Let's see...
 
Lately, I've been fascinated with Marie Antoinette's story. I think she got a really raw deal in history. I'm currently reading Secrets of Marie Antoinette:  A Collection of Letters by Olivier Bernier. I thought it was going to be a timeline of letters from Marie to her mother and vice versa as well as letters from the Comte de Mercy Argenteau to Maria Theresa (Marie's mother) and back. But the author interjects with his own thoughts and interpretations from time to time and it's clear he thinks Marie Antoinette was just stupid. His word. This novel really has me thinking right now. Back when I first read it, The Da Vinci Code really made me think too. I'm tired. This is all I can come up with right now.

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?
 
I have minor seasonal allergies. Nothing that really bugs me too awful much. Itchy eyes and nose mostly. If it gets to the point where I start feeling lousy a lot, I'll take an OTC allergy med. Most of the time though, I just keep tissues nearby and deal with it.

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?
 
I don't have one. If we're in a hurry for some reason, we'll either just eat out or throw a frozen meal in the microwave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.