Thursday, April 26, 2012

Plant vs Weed: Week 6...And Other Stuff

There's not much to report on Plantweed this week. Still growing and being eaten by snails. Plantweed did get a nice soaking last night though. We had a good amount of rain come through the area, which was nice. Here's a picture that I took yesterday, April 25th.

In other news...

I just finished one of the most painful classes I've ever taken. It was called Shakespeare Power and Justice or something to that effect. I'm not a fan, nor have I ever been, of Shakespeare. I can read it, understand it, and appreciate it as classic literary works but I would never read Shakespeare for "fun". To make matters worse, I had to argue why I think Shakespeare is still relevant enough to have a place in today's high school curriculum. I'm not so sure how much I actually believe that. The language is obscure, the themes are outdated (I managed to argue very convincingly that they aren't ;)) and I think the time spent on teaching and interpreting his plays could be better spent elsewhere. Like teaching teenagers that "ur", "okaay", "kk", and "fuk" are not correct spellings and when to use their, there, they're, its, it's, and other commonly misused and misspelled words. Ironically enough, the play that I think has the most modern relevance is Coriolanus and it's one of Shakespeare's most obscure plays that has only been produced as a play and/or movie a handful of times. Ralph Fiennes directed and starred in the movie last year as a matter of fact. Did you know that? I didn't until I started doing some research. It was so "popular" that it has made less than $700,000 since it's release in the U.S.

Anyway, I'm glad that class is over and that I have fulfilled that requirement and never have to take another Shakespeare class again. Thank you very much!

And FYI...

I'm thinking of imparting the importance of using your turn signal by accosting drivers, ripping out the turn signal handle in their car and shoving it in a very specific place that they won't forget that it's there.

I'm also thinking about driving around my neighborhood until I find the yapping dog that is left outside to freaking yap at 6 o freaking clock in the gosh freaking morning and kicking its owner until it stops yapping.

I have anger issues this week. I need to live on some remote mountain somewhere that's accessible only by helicopter so that I can't get away from inconsiderate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.