Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Get With It

It's been a few days, eh? Well, I've been busy. The Mister arrived home safe and sound Friday afternoon. He had a pretty uneventful time in Maryland. He passed his class though and came home with a nifty certificate and shirt to prove it.

Also on Friday, I had our lawn care guy come and clean up our yard. He trimmed the shrubbery and bagged the leaves and pine straw. Our yard was such a disaster that he was here for four hours. It cost me an arm and a leg but I now have the best looking yard on the street. We also went to the Outback Steakhouse for the first time for dinner that night. It was...interesting. I'll post more on that later.

Saturday, we took a shopping trip to Jacksonville. Every time we go shopping, the oldest child cops an attitude, pouts, and gets herself into trouble. She isn't happy unless we're shopping for her. Needless to say, we cut the trip short and came home.

Sunday we did a whole lot of nothing. We picked up some groceries, did some necessary shopping at Target, and came home. Fun times. That night, I made the most awesome chicken Parmesan (the mister's favorite) for dinner. YUM!

Monday, we did less than Sunday which, consequently, made it my favorite day of the weekend. Also scattered throughout the weekend was homework, reading, and demon slaying. I read 2 books and started a third.

The Mister's trip was timed almost perfectly because he had a four day weekend due to President's Day when he got home. So, when the kids go to school today, it's just the two of us. We're celebrating by going out for a nice lunch. ALONE! Yay!

And one last thing to the women out there. You know how we don't like to be called bad drivers just because we're women? Well stop giving people a reason to do so by driving a vehicle that you can't handle. On Thursday, I sat for a couple minutes in the parking lot of the Harris Teeter while some idiot woman was trying to back her Suburban into a parking space narrowly missing hitting two cars. She had 4 or 5 cars blocked while she painstakingly parked her behemoth of a car and made herself look like a stereotypical female driver. Get a clue.

And that, folks, catches you up on the last three days of my life. Now, I need to catch up on book reviews. I think I'm 5 or 6 books, if not more, behind. Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. goodness, you are flying through books. I still need to finish the "caged bird" book.
    uh oh, what happend at Outback?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.