Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I woke up this morning to the welcome sound of rain. We need it desperately. Sunday it was so dry and windy that N.C. had 177 wildfires in the state. We had a teensy one here in New Bern but the worst of it was on the N.C./Virginia border. The news said that a lot of them were started because people were idiots (my word) and burned brush despite the red flag warning which made it illegal to do so. That level of stupidity is infuriating to me. Is burning brush so important that it couldn't wait a day or two?

Now I'm listening to the oldest child trying to make Bailey go outside for her morning constitutional, lmao. That dog absotively hates the rain. She gave up because it's hard to make a 60 pound dog do something she doesn't want to do.

On the itinerary for today is homework. Homework, homework, homework. I've neglected it thus far in favor of reading Jane Eyre. I've been having the hardest time putting it down and even had Jane Eyre dreams last night. Even now, I'm sitting here trying to justify to myself reading it for a couple hours this morning before getting started on my school work. I plan to be strong and responsible but we'll see how it goes, heheheh.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would rather be reading just about any book rather than having to do homework, but Jane Eyre would be even more enticing. :-) It's definitely one of my favorites.

    My dog isn't too fond of the rain either and like yours, hates going out in it. I used to work with a woman who actually would hold an umbrella over her dog while he went out to do his business in the rain while she got soaked.

    I hope you have a good rest of the week. I'm counting down the days to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.