Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1st Day of Summer Vacation

The oldest child is already gone. She walked to a friend’s house about 20 minutes ago. The youngest child is bored and being a bug. I found out yesterday that they’ll be going to Ohio in a little less than two weeks. We’re still in the planning stages of how they’re getting there though. My dad wants us to meet half way in Gatlinburg. This plan is cool with me because I’ve never been, but the Mister has a big inspection at work the same week and doesn’t know if he can get leave. I’d drive myself, but I really don’t want to. I’ve driven long distances alone with the kids before and it’s hard being your own navigator while driving and I didn’t enjoy the experience at all. Hopefully, it’ll all work out in the end.

I had a record day yesterday on my blog. I had 144 hits which is a definite high. I don’t put too much stock in it, however, because I’m sure most of them were Entrecard drops. I’m also sure that 144 is not going to become a trend. Still, I was shocked to see 144 as my final count for the day.

I haven’t talked about my reading habits in a while or in any depth. It’s basically because my reading has been really off lately. I haven’t found a book that has grabbed me in quite some time. No staying up until 3 am because I can’t put my book down. It’s sorta depressing to me. I’m currently reading Sense and Sensibility. I like it well enough but it’s not a grabber. I’m getting ready to start Readers Anonymous’ June book when I go out an buy it, lol. I can’t believe that it’s already the 11th and I haven’t even bought the book yet. That’s bad when it’s your group. My reading tidbits thing in the sidebar is way off too. I haven’t updated that in forever. I’m just one big slacker.

Pictures from the new camera:

IMG_0006

This is my Hannah. This is also why she hasn’t found herself booted to the curb after chewing the sofa and breaking a window in the door.

IMG_0019

This is my Bailey. Isn’t she gorgeous? She’s such a ham too. She always poses for pictures.

IMG_0021

This is the two of them playing together.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful dogs! It's hard to stay mad at them when they look so peaceful in their sleep. :-)

    My own reading seems to have picked up some. Maybe it's the books or it could just be I've been in more of a mood to read. Probably a little of both. Hopefully you'll come across a book that wins you over soon.

    I hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They're like kids that way, lol.

    My reading is gaining momentum too.

    I hope you have a great summer as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.