Tuesday, June 10, 2008

School’s Out

Today is the last day of school for my kids and it’s a half day at that. On the one hand, I’m SO glad homework is done for the next couple months. On the other, now I have to find things to entertain them until they go to Ohio. Then, I have to deal with the inevitable drama that will ensue among the various members of our family while they’re in Ohio. The bickering over who gets the girls when and for how long. It’s pathetic, really. Then they wonder why we don’t send them every year. Whatever.

Going along with my school theme for today, I registered for fall classes. I’m taking;

  • Medieval Renaissance British Literature
  • 17-18th Century British Literature
  • American Women Writers Since 1900
  • The Religious Quest

I am looking forward to all four classes but especially the medieval and religious classes. The Mister is taking the religious quest class too. We both have such strong opinions about religion that I’m sure there are going to be epic battles and loud arguments next semester, lmao. I’m very excited!

Off topic now because you knew it was inevitable…

My friend found out that she’s having a boy yesterday. This is the same friend that I posted about some of the crazy names they were coming up with. I would tell you what they decided on, but I don’t post my own kids’ names so I can’t. Rest assured, it’s a doozy.

Lastly, here are some pictures of a lizard that I took on my front porch yesterday. Isn’t he cute?

Img_0069

Img_0070

4 comments:

  1. Oh now I just have to know what the name is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lizard is so green! Mine is a much duller green.

    Your fall classes look interesting. It will be interesting to see what you end up reading for the literature courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF~~That lizard wasn't actually mine. We just happened to notice it on the wall of our front porch. We get quite a few lizard, toad, and frog visitors around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lizard really isn't mine either. He lives in the wild and visits me sometimes when I come home from work. I was thinking of giving him a name, but I'm afraid once I do, he'll disappear.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.