Saturday, June 21, 2008

No Go

Doesn’t look like we’re going to the family day thing after all. It’s currently pouring down rain and thundering and lightening. It was supposed to take place in a clearing in a wooded area. NOT where you want to be during a storm. However, the dumb thing was supposed to last until 3 so there’s still a possibility that we’ll be making an appearance. Anywho…

We celebrated the oldest child’s birthday last night. She invited over her favorite friend and we all went to the Lobster for dinner. She opened her stuff after we were done eating which gave away that we were celebrating a birthday. As a result, dessert was served with a candle and the staff singing Happy Birthday to her. It was hilarious and she was completely embarrassed. Her big gift from us was an iPod Nano. We kept telling her that all she was getting was socks and underwear, heheh.

I had a very sleepless night last night. I think my anxiety over the kids leaving for Ohio is manifesting itself in weird dreams and insomnia. I dreamt that we were betting on horses. I’ve never been to a horse race in my life so I have no idea where that came from. I also had nightmarish-type dreams that I only vaguely remember. When I told the Mister about my horse dream, he thought that I said I dreamt were playing bedroom horses, lmao. Umm. NOPE! I actually woke him up at 4:30 this morning to tell him that I couldn’t sleep. I don’t usually do that. He was having weird dreams too.

As for the rest of our weekend, I have no idea what we’re doing. It hasn't rained in a month and now we're all confused, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Did the rain clear up in time for the at least a short visit to the family day thing?

    Happy Birthday to your daughter! I like it when restaurant staff sing happy birthday to me--but it's rare that it happens because my husband forgets I don't mind. I'm strange that way.

    I hope you are able to sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF~~Sorry I didn't reply sooner!!

    We never made it to the family day because of the rain.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes for my daughter. Her birthday is in 3 days so it's not too late, lol.

    I'm also sleeping much better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.