Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekends

You ever notice how weekends can seem like a refuge? It's a 2 day vacation away from the real world. The kids are out of school and most people have Saturday and Sunday off. It's time to spend with your kids and spouse as a family, time to go out with friends, time to do some leisurely shopping, or it can just be time to veg out with games or a book which is what I did. I'm reading Kathy Reichs' book, Cross Bones and after I finish that I'm going to read her latest, Break No Bones. Since I found out that the television series Bones is based on Reichs' books, I have become an avid fan. Forensic anthropology is actually very interesting. It would be worth a second look as a career if I could get past the smell and bugs that are involved with the dead. Maggots and the smell of putrid flesh really turn me off. Once, I bought a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and when I opened them, they had turned and the smell was awful. This was about 4 years ago and I still can't stand the thought of trying to eat that variety of chicken. Also, I once bought a can of tuna fish and when I opened the can there were fish bones and scales in it. It was about 7 years before I ate tuna again, lol. That's just the way that I am and why I'm pretty sure I would have no future in any field of forensic science.

I also bought Dean Koontz's book, Odd Thomas. I've always liked his books but this series has really been getting him rave reviews and I can't wait to get it started. I've also ordered J.D. Robb's newest book which I think will be here sometime this week along with Nora Roberts' new Circle trilogy. I've read the first one and can't wait to read the last two. The 5 1/2 books I'm planning on reading should last me until the weekend, lol. Do you think a person can read too much? I've wondered that about myself. I think my books, however, are going to be a necessary way to lose myself in the coming weeks. I'm not the "Calgon! Take me away!" type of person. Give me a good book and I become totally absorbed. It annoys my kids and the hubby when they try to talk to me and I don't hear them though. Which doesn't bother me cuz I find it funny.
Now, I have to get the house straightened so that I can devote the rest of my day to finishing up Cross Bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.