Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Best News

I got a job!! Well, it's an internship, but it's a paid internship and I couldn't be more excited and thrilled. It's been KILLING me not saying anything but I didn't know how I'd feel if I didn't get it so I waited. I found out this morning that I got it!! Woohoo!! ::Happy Dance, Happy Dance:: Join me!!

Okay. So the position is marketing for an ADHD company called Edge Foundation. I will be helping them to find resources for parents of children with ADHD and children with ADHD as well as finding ways to get the word out about the company. What's more, is that the position is online so I get to work from home! The company is based in Seattle, Washington so it'd be kinda hard to work from there, heheh.

AND, you wanna know how I even heard about the position??? Through Twitter. That's right people. Twitter. This whole experience is really what yesterday's post was all about in the first place. I told you the Internet could be used for good.

I get to earn some extra money, have something of substance to put on my resume, and it's such a great cause. As the parent of a child with ADHD, I know how hard it can be to find useful information and viable resources on the subject.

12 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I have to get a job...
    You beat me at it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, congrats Trisha! I'm still processing your post from yesterday. I may have to try me some twittering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, sounds like a great job, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer~~You know something great will come along for you with your background and experience.

    Liz~~Thanks! If you do sign up for Twitter, you'll have to let me know so we can follow each other.

    Kim~~Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course something good will come to me.... I have good karma.

    So when do you get started?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer~~I'll be getting started later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome news Trisha!!!! and you get to work from home?!....COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pam! I know! I can't believe I found a work from home position. I thought those were a myth, lol. Now I'm a wahm instead of a sahm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, I am very happy for you and it will look great on your resume and you are going to help a lot of parents with ADHD children.

    It is a case were the internet was used for a very good reason...the internet is a good thing, it is just that bad people sometimes use it, and that can be not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Arlene. You're right about the Internet. It can be a scary place and people can be idiots about abusing it, but it doesn't have to be. The idiots just need to be boxed up and shipped to a padded room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Congratulations!!! That is great news. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.