Thursday, August 28, 2008

Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Tornado Warning…

We’re done painting!!! I’ll be able to take pictures of all the rooms today when I go back to the house and take the tape off. I don’t care if I ever see a paintbrush again in my life. I was so frantic to get the painting done yesterday that I didn’t even stop to look outside when they issued a tornado warning on the radio. I figured that our county is so big, what are the chances the tornado was in my neighborhood. I was right.

We started moving stuff over to the house for real last night. Our current house actually looks like we’re moving now. It’s encouraging to see.

In other news…

I have something funny to relate. The Mister came home from work yesterday with a proposal. His Gunny found out that I am majoring in English yesterday. The Mister said that when he heard that, his eyes got all big and he said that I just have to come in and teach a basic grammar class to some of their Marines. Oh my gosh, lol. My first reaction was heck no! I would probably be too nervous to actually be of any good. Then, the Mister showed me a paper that one of the Marines wrote on leadership. After reading it, I told him I would think about it. The poor guy had a run on sentence that was eight typed lines long and fraught with punctuation, capitalization. and structural errors. It wouldn’t be until October at the earliest so I have time to consider. And to defend myself, my grammatical skills are a lot stronger than I demonstrate here. ;)

And in youngest child news…

She had another bad day yesterday. Two out of three days. Having your kid come home crying and hating school is so very stressful. She was assigned a punishment that the Mister said is considered hazing in the Marine Corps. So, my third grader is allowed to do this, but a Marine isn't? Makes sense to me. I never pictured myself as one of those loud, obnoxious parents, but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. I'm going in to her old school today and I'm going to take a copy of her records to the new school myself to see if that helps the situation any. Maybe if they have a better idea of what is going on, things will get better. I talked to her current teacher, but the chaos before class on the first day kept me from being very detailed. Something has to change and soon.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You must be so relieved to have the painting done.

    I have a feeling I am going to be elected to teach grammar in my office at work--maybe we can talk lesson plans. ;-)

    How are things going for your youngest at school now? You may have already talked about it. I'm behind (again) with reading your latest news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relieved is definitely the word.

    Talking lesson plans would be neat if I end up deciding to go through with it. I still have time to decide thankfully.

    As for the youngest, I updated today (9/3) about her but she's doing much better. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.