Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Holiday Roundup

How was your holiday? Ours was...ok. We had, what I've been calling in my head a "shake up" a few days before Christmas. I don't want to go into the details, but suffice it to say, the Christmas Spirit went right out the window. In spite of that, I still think Christmas morning was as normal as we could make it. The girls made off with great piles of loot and the Mister and I got some fun stuff too. We all got games of various varieties (Wii, PS3, and PC) so most of the holiday was spent with our noses pressed to a variety of screens and controllers in hand. Speaking of which, we got the girls Wiimotes and Nunchuks that light up. They're purple and fabulous. I want a set for myself.

New Years was actually a better holiday this year than it is most years. We bought snacky foods and played games all night until it was time to watch the ball drop. The Mister and I celebrated by drinking our bottle of almond sparkling wine that we bought on our vacation. It might sound a little different but it was totally yummy.

This year was different for us in that we took our Christmas tree down directly after opening our presents. The cat, Sophie, was playing in our tree so much that it looked terrible. Branches were drooping, she popped some of the light bulbs right off the strands so that wires were hanging out, bulbs were everywhere. What concerned me the most was that she kept pulling down keepsake ornaments that I didn't want to get lost or broken. She's a little terror but totally lovable and she keeps us entertained.

Everyone went back to work/school yesterday so I'm hoping life will really start to get back to normal soon.

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season and that they got all they hoped for under the tree.