Friday, January 20, 2012

January 19, 2012: 5QF

 
 
1. Where do you hide the reeeally good snacks?  

We don't really hide snacks from the kids. We actually have a large bowl that we put snacks into for easier access.

2. Do u keep your vehicle clean or am I the only one who has things falling out of their van?
 
My car is spic and span. Yes, I'm smug about it. It never has trash and stuff in it and I just recently Armor All'd, Windex'd, and vacuumed it. My windshield needs cleaned though. It always seems to get this film on it even though I don't smoke or anything like that. When the sun shines in it in the morning, I can barely see where I'm going. The outside of my car is another story. It's hard to keep cars clean in San Diego because it's so dry and dusty all the time. The Mister's car is always a pigsty. He went golfing a couple weeks ago and left his clubs in the back. I don't know how many golf balls rolled out of it, but they are now rolling all around inside the car. He's also bad about bringing in dirty coffee mugs and take out bags.

3. Have you ever been to Vegas?  

Nope. We've thought about going a time or two especially considering that we live within driving distance of Vegas but I dunno. It just seems that if I have the money to spend to go there I'd rather spend it and go somewhere else. For instance, we considered going back in 2002 but we went to San Francisco instead. I think we might be heading to Vegas for a weekend pretty soon though.

4. Warm room light blankets or cold room warm snuggly blanket?
 
I prefer a cool room and warm blankets. But the ventilation in our house doesn't work right and our bedroom is always hot. Even in the winter. 

5. What is the worst airplane/flying experience you've ever had?
 
Geez. Where to start? We had to argue once with an airline to get seats with our kids even though I booked seats together but they overbooked the flight. This was when the girls were babies/toddlers and too young to be by themselves. 
 
There was also the time I flew from Ohio to Florida for the Marine Corps Ball. I was six months pregnant with the youngest at the time. I had a connecting flight in D.C. The flight was late and I literally had to run from one side of the concourse to the other so I could catch my connecting flight. Yeah. That was fun with a purse, carry on, and being six months pregnant. 
 
Once, I was flying to Ohio with the girls by myself. The incoming airplane (my outgoing flight) was late so we departed late which caused us to miss our connecting flight in Denver. The girls and I spent the night in Denver but it was at the cost of the airline so it wasn't too terrible. 
 
Another time we flew to Ohio and right as we were landing in Columbus, the plane all of a sudden pulled back up really hard and we circled the airport again before finally landing. My dad saw the whole thing from inside the airport (this was before 9/11 when you didn't need a ticket to get back to the gates) and it turns out that they almost landed us on top of another airplane. My dad said that there was black smoke coming out of the engines because we pulled up so hard.
 
Most recently, I flew to California from a rinky dink airport in N.C. I got there early like you're supposed to but not early enough. Because it was such a freaking rinky dink airport, the same person that did ticketing also did security so when I tried to check my bags, there was no one there to do it. This caused me to miss my flight and I had to sit in the airport for FREAKING HOURS waiting for the next flight out. I was so incredibly angry and never used that airport again. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to live in the sticks. 

I think that's it. We used to fly a lot going back and forth from Ohio to California but not so much anymore. Considering what it takes to get through security nowadays, I don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.