Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012: 5QF

 
 
1. Do you swim in the winter?  

Why? The ocean is too cold almost year around here so it's certainly too cold in the winter. The pool isn't heated. I'm not into polar plunges or whatever it's called. So, no.

2. Do you love or hate winter?
 
I'm not a winter person but winters in San Diego are barely winter. It was in the 80's today. I can live with that.  

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family? 
 
Sometimes I do. If I'm feeling down, it helps to make myself up like I would if I were actually going to be around people. Other times, I revel in being able to be a slug at home. I always put regular clothes on if I have to leave the house for any reason. I'm not one of those moms that's comfortable taking the kids to school in my jammies.

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?
 
Geez. My parents might read this, lol. Seriously.

5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?
 
It depends. Some people are more susceptible to illnesses like bronchitis or other types of illnesses where it makes it impossible to function. If you're hacking up a lung, you can't really interact with people if that's the type of job you have. On the other hand, I don't let my kids stay home from school unless they're puking, and/or have a fever, and/or bleeding. The sniffles or a headache, in my opinion, isn't a sufficient reason to stay home. I never think it's ok to call off sick if you're faking it.

1 comment:

  1. I am stopping by from 5 Question Friday. Love your blog. Come visit Marriage from Scratch!

    ~Christina
    www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.