Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What Your E-Mail Address Says About You

I saw this in the Feb 2012 Reader's Digest and thought it was funny. Turns out it's from The Oatmeal but that site is black for the SOPA protest so instead of referring you there, I'm going to type it up here. You can check it out for yourself tomorrow when they're back up and read a more in depth write up in which they go so far as to speculate the age and build of e-mail users (Which is, in my opinion, not accurate.).

Own Domain (e.g., me@trisha.com) - You're skilled and capable.

@gmail.com:  When the Internet stops working, you actually try rebooting the router before calling a family member for help. 


@hotmail.com:  You still think that Myspace is hip. 


@yahoo.com:  You send e-mail chain letters saying that Bill Gates will eat your hard drive unless you forward this message to everyone you know.


@aol.com:  You phone friends to tell them about a neat website, then say into the receiver, "Ok, go to...h...t...t...p...colon...slash...w...w...w...dot..."

It happens that I think this is a pretty accurate picture of people. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.