Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Need Help

I have my final project for my computer class due this week and I need some feedback. What I'm doing is designing a portable GPS unit for a vehicle. The part I need help with is knowing what features a user would need/want on their unit. For instance, our GPS has a feature where it stores the cities that you have gotten directions for in the history. However, if you want to delete 1 or 2 of them you can't. You either keep them all or delete them all. I would make a unit that gives you the option of deleting select cities instead of having to delete your entire history. Get what I'm going for here? What would you want on your GPS if you were to go out and buy one today? Or what would you change/keep the same about the one you have now? So, I would really appreciate some input. For the next couple days I'm allowing comments from anybody, anonymous or not, so please leave me some ideas. If you're rather shy, you can shoot me an email at: gpsproject2007@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    I would suggest a GPS that is interactive so you can talk to it while you are driving. I would also like to be able to delete a location or two as needed instead of having to keep them all or delete them all. A user-friendly should make it easy to quickly get the information you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if I had one, I would like it to update it's information as often as possible to advise of alternate routes due to accidents or construction. Also so it stays accurate as possible with additions or new roads or hwys.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.