Monday, April 16, 2007

Puppy Ownership

It was brought to my attention that I never said in my other post whether or not the puppy was a boy or a girl. For the record, she's a girl. We also decided on a name: Hannah after Muhammad Ali's daughter Hana. Get it? He's a boxer, the puppy's a boxer, lol. Anyway, the last few days since bringing her home have been interesting. Getting any sort of decent sleep is a thing of the past. She just turned 7 weeks today and she's not sleeping through the night yet. She got us up at 1:30am, 3:00 am, 5 am, and for good at 7 am. We're also crate training her which isn't something we've done before. Bailey was 4 months old when we got her and already crate trained. She's so gosh darn cute though that you can't get mad at her even at 3 in the morning, lol. Having Hannah has made us realize what an excellent dog Bailey is. When they play together, Bailey is careful not to be too rough. She only uses her muzzle and her neck to push Hannah around. And she'll crouch down on the floor to let the puppy bite at her ears, neck, and head. Bailey also shares all her toys nicely except for her rope. She doesn't like it when Hannah plays with it but it's funny to watch because the rope is bigger than Hannah, lol. It's pretty neat to watch them interact together.

Because of our recent addition, I have absolutely nothing else to talk about. I'm turning in my English assignment late today because of Hannah, lol. That's how much of a presence she is. Very little else gets done between taking her outside constantly because she's a pee machine, watching that she doesn't mess on the floor, making sure she eats on time, trying to get her to sleep quietly in her crate, and playing with her when she's awake. It's like bringing a newborn baby home. I'm freaking exhausted. I look like I'm coming down with the flu or something, lol.

I'm off. Hannah's napping right now so I have to get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.