Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Weekend

Our weekend was pretty nice. Friday we picked up the Dyson from the shop. It's working better than ever now. Saturday we took the kids out to get their Easter presents. We have decided to forgo baskets and this year we got them each their own pet. M got a guinea pig and S got a beta fish. Both animals have made nice additions to our family. I had no idea that guinea pigs have as much personality as they do and that they make noises. I've had hamsters, lizards, frogs, fish, cats, birds, rats, rabbits, and dogs but never a guinea pig so I didn't know anything about them. Sunday we stayed home, colored eggs, and that was about it. Easter is my least favorite holiday of them all. We're not religious so, imo, it's hypocritical to celebrate it but we do it for the kids anyway. Oh well.

Gas prices are completely outrageous. I'm just glad that we don't live in Cali with the 4Runner right now. I'd be walking everywhere. Supposedly we're supposed to be getting a break over the next few weeks. Yeah. I'll believe it when I see it.

I finished reading Oedipus yesterday. I really enjoyed it which was a surprise to me. I remember attempting to read Iliad or The Odyssey (I don't remember which) in high school and hating it. I was expecting a similar result from Oedipus and was pleasantly surprised when I ended up liking it. The Oedipus complex, however, is retarded. Oedipus didn't know he was sleeping with his mother and if he instinctually knew, why'd he gouge his own eyes out and insist that he be put to death??? This week I'm reading Shakespeare's A Midsummer's Night Dream. I admit that I'm totally intimidated by Shakespeare. We'll see how it goes. And my last bit of reading news is that I've given up on The War of the Roses. I simply don't have enough time to read it and it's due back in four days. I'll just go buy it at the end of the semester and finish it up then.

Yesterday, for my cheering up, C and I went to MJ's Raw Bar and Grille for lunch. It was great. I had the fish and scallops and C had the fish and shrimp. Truly excellent food and we'll be back.

I think that catches us up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.