Friday, April 06, 2007

Learn Your Job or Shut Up

We were in a pet store today perusing the animals. I happened to overhear a woman who was buying a rabbit (which could be a whole thread unto itself this time of year) asking the sales woman various questions about how to care for the rabbit. The sales woman's answers were 90% incorrect. I am by no means an expert, but I have had several different rabbits over my lifetime and have made it a point to learn how to properly care for them. This woman shouldn't have been giving out advice under the guise of being an "expert". I was irritated enough to say something to the new rabbit owner. I was very proud of myself in that I was respectful about it. I didn't tell her that all the information she was just given by that ignoramus was wrong, I just referred her to the House Rabbit Society's web page and told her that any information she would need could be found there. What I really wanted to do was to slap the other woman until she found herself another job. It is obvious to me that you don't get your information from watching old cartoons of Bugs Bunny.

And please, don't buy a rabbit just because it's Easter. That's a very wrong reason to buy one and it's also irresponsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Leave me one. Now.